We’re in the final stages of organizing the 2014 line-up for Jane’s WalkCHICAGO, and I’m happy to announce a preliminary list of events for the weekend of Friday May 2 to Sunday May 4.
We’ll start off the weekend with a kickoff event at the Chicago Cultural Center, with a panel co-sponsored by the Illinois Humanities Council. We’re not ready to announce the speakers yet, but hold the time-slot of noon to 1PM for a fascinating discussion!
Our individual Walks will take place on Saturday and Sunday, and the tentative list includes:
· Clarendon Corridor, led by Melanie Eckner;
· Columbus Park, led by Julia Bachrach;
· Dover Street Landmark District: The ABC’s of Preservation, led by John Holden;
· Hyde Park North, led by an undergraduate at the University of Chicago;
· Hyde Park South, led by an undergraduate at the University of Chicago;
· Hyde Park East, led by an undergraduate at the University of Chicago;
· Hyde Park West, led by an undergraduate at the University of Chicago.
· Palmer Square, led by Eric Phillips;
· Woodlawn, organized by Developing Communities Project.
Specific dates and times will be forthcoming shortly.
We will also be co-sponsoring events with the Chicago Home Theater Festival, so watch your inboxes…
Registrations will be available shortly through Eventbrite. In the meantime, if you have any suggestions for Walks, please feel free to comment or send me an email.
We look forward to seeing you on the first weekend in May!